Friday 2 January 2009

New Year, New Start?


Being the other side of 20 now seems so old- especially entering yet another year, and realising time tick tocking away. My last few posts have acknowledged our entry in 2009, but I am feeling the age(OMG i fear being an old unmarried maid), and i cannot believe that it was 9 years ago that we all celebrated the millenieum with such gusto and excitement.
So is 2009 going to be new year that will give me a new star? Well as old age creeps up on me I must admit that I hate saying out loud my age because it makes it a reality but I cannot stop myself- "I am now twenty **".

It is this realisation that has strongly confirmed for me that life sure does move at a frightening pace. It is scary that my twenties are nearly over and that I will be soon be entering my 30's kicking and screaming.

I remember once upon time when I had my 20's all mapped out. I was going to be working my dream job (renowned fashion journalist) by 24 and married by 26 to the perfect investment banker and by 27 I would have been hearing the pit patter of tiny feet and by the time 30 came round I would be proudly boasting my achievements; Fashion editor of well known glossy magazine, married to a successful man and mother to two well rounded children. Instead, I am still climbing the fashion ladder, marriage is unlikely to happen in my 20's unless I meet my future husband now and as for my future children well to be perfectly honest I am not even sure if I even want them anymore.

My life plan has therefore gone through some hitches that I had not foreseen back when I was a bright eyed 20 year old full of optimism and life. Now I am a cynical city hardened 20 something who is not looking forward to regularly booking my botox injections to retain my youth in the next 2 years so I can continue living my Bridget Jones lifestyle with flair.
So new year, new start? Maybe, just do not get me any cats!


Champagnista M

No comments: