Friday 23 January 2009

Living La Vida LA...

Hello Champagnista readers!

From across the Atlantic pond

Firstly, I would like to thank darling Champagnista M, whom scarily proclaimed, on my introduction post, that our friendship is going on its seventh year! I am, in fact, a proud native New Yorker, born and raised. Champagnista M and I began our friendship the first time I lived in London, whilst I was studying at uni.

We met at a fabulous Soho club and then found ourselves eating Kung Po Chicken at 4am in Chinatown (you all know those nights). When I moved back to London after completing uni in the states, she became a partner in crime and we have been international friends ever since.




My first contribution to this great site comes to you from fabulous, sunny, and extremely warm California….Hollywood Hills to be specific, where I am living the life and loving it! I am staying in a Spanish style house just below Mulholland Drive where I sip my Mojito as I sunbathe knowing that my nearest and dearest- my NY friends- are freezing in the snowy dreary weather in Manhattan- Ahhh so is life!

So Champagnista’s allow me to say wit confidence, that forget getting your news of LA from watching an episode of the Hills, because I will be your one and only know it all, reporting on all things great including LA fashion (I have arrived just in time for award season- so gowns galore-yay) and the hot places to be and be seen in this sunny city of LA- that is at the moment having a mini heat wave- yay!




Oh before I go, allow me to tell you about my latest escapade (because I simply must share) - I spent my first night here at Helen Mirrens nephews home, a friend of my uncles who is also extremely charming and British….I must first admit that while many of you are keen on men with American accents, I love nothing more than the charming British one.

After the house party I then went out for sushi and to a club called Apple, one of the latest hot spots in Hollywood so do take note and danced the night away with a yummy cocktail in hand.

So it is on this note that I bid you fare well until next time when I will enlighten on the most fantastic things that Hollywood has to offer a fashionista without breaking the bank! (Ps-some of which might involve trainers, a dog, and sunglasses!) Look forward to the beginning of a great friendship with Champagnista.com.

Loving you from LA,


Danielle
x


No comments: