Tuesday 13 January 2009

Golden Globe Fashion Show

Every fashionista worth her salt will admit to watching the Golden Globes not for the who won "best actress" award, who really cares about that but the acting world right? We instead sit on our sofa with our best friends and popcorn to watch, criticise and drool at the fashion show that is the Golden Globe Awards.

Everytime I watch the beautiful creations swan down the red carpet i think to myself "i would love to own such a gown". I have always wanted to own a gown, even though I have no where in particular to wear it accept maybe around my own home sipping chilled champagne and dancing to ABBA's Dancing Queen. Mmmm did I really just say that, ok I have revealed enough of my Single Female Habits- I would instead like to share with you some of my favourite dresses that in the last few years have graced the red carpet at the Golden Globes awards:
OKAY I KNOW IT IS QUITE CHEEKY TO START OF WITH THIS DRESS. WHY YOU MIGHT ASK, WELL IT IS NOT A GOLDEN GLOBE DRESS (IT IS AN OSCAR DRESS FOR THOSE WHO SHOULD BE ASHAMED THAT THEY DO NOT KNOW)- BUT HELEN MIRREN IS PUSHING 70 BUT SHE STILL MANAGED TO LOOK AMAZING- MORE SO THAN HER YOUNGER COUNTERPARTS!

GOLDEN GLOBES 2006- ALL I CAN SAY WOW HOW DID SHE MANAGE TOPULL OF THAT COLOUR! AN AMAZING FLOWY DRESS.


THE DESPERATE HOUSE WIVES LOOKING FABULOUS AND AS FAR FROM DESPERATE AS YOU CAN GET!


GOLDEN GLOBES 2006- I MUST SAY IT WASNT THE DRESS THAT I OOOOHED OVER BUT THE GORGEUS BRONZE COLOUR OF THE DRESS.


GOLDEN GLOBE 2005- I LOVE THIS ENSEMBLE WORN BY GLEN CLOSE BECAUSE IT SUITED HER FIGURE AND AGE PERFECTLY- BRAVO!


GOLDEN GLOBE 2003- IF I HAVE HER FIGURE AT HER AGE I WOULD SO WEAR THAT DRESS!


CATE BLANCHETT ALWAYS LOOKS SO POLISH NO MATTER WHAT SHE WEARS- SHE IS A GREAT MODERN DAY STYLE ICON- WELL AT LEAST IN BOOK!



LOVING THE COLOUR WORN BY REESE- THAT IS A GREAT YELLOW.

Champagnista M


No comments: