Thursday 22 January 2009

Blog flashing no photo

Once again, I will introduce a post by saying how sorry I am for not having written in the last few ... God in the last two weeks: I think it is the first time I abandon our baby this long!
I have just been swamped at work, but when I say swamped, I mean in IT hell, because I am pretty computer autistic and I had to deal with a lot of computer things recently, and dealing with them again and again and again until finally, I managed to understand what I had to do, got unblocked and could turn the page.
Nothing much to report at the moment: I have not really had the time to follow fashion news as I wished, and my love life is as flat as a crepe, which is a total pain because 1. my feet are always cold in bed 2. there are days when I really need a hug and 3. I really absolutely desperately need to get laid!
I know, it is not a pretty word in the mouth of a young lady, but I have never pretended to be one. Well young yes, but a lady... Which reminds me that my ex-flatmate is coming back from his trip around the world in February, which is just dreamy because he was the perfect sex snack: fun, handsome and not at all involved emotionally... Now this is quite a good prospect! All the more because since the Christmas conversations I had with my ex and previous emotional blips, I am not impatient to fall back in love with a man: the fall is always abyssal!
Actually I think I might be turning into a feminist...
When did it happen, might you ask after all the marshmallowesque lines I wrote on Champagnista?! What made her cross over to the dark side of the moon?
Well I did a shoot last Sunday.
Hmm.
Nude.
A nude shoot.
Where I modelled naked in a glorious minimalistic flat on the 35th floor on the Lauderdale Tower in the Barbican center. On top of my Giuseppe Zanotti silver stilettos, which made the view on London just a little bit higher and a little more exciting.
Oh, when I say 'modelled', don't get me wrong, it was a real women shoot... Joanna Paterson, the photographer, came up with an interesting artistic concept to make this architectural space, all in edges and pure lines, rounder and more feminine, by introducing nude women all in curves and softness in this frame. Not that I am all curves either... I actually would not have minded having a little more weight on the breasts once I had taken off my deceitful wonderbra.
The first few minutes were incredibly scary.
As professional as photo crews can be, people are only human, and the first look they will bear on you will be appraising and critical. And all you can think of at this point is 'oh my God, can they see the drop of sweat running from my left armpit to my waistline?'. Cold sweat might I add. I was not all that warm...
...hot...
Past this point, the artists' eyes focus, they start going somewhere beyond your body, and you feel yourself unfold, slowly, very softly, like a crinkled blossom opening quietly into an ever so unknown world.
How can I put this exactly?
It felt like... a rite of passage somehow.
It feels like I am more of a woman for having done this now.
My own element.
I will warm my feet myself from now on, but it will not keep me from having a snack when my adventurous ex-flatmate comes back... Counting the days from today!
Champagnista V

No comments: