Monday 26 January 2009

Fashion Valentine


My flatmate's thirtiest birthday is coming up (and I will try to not get too drunk this time around because last year I ended up kissing him on the balcony and then spent the next three weeks wishing that I could disappear in the curtains every time I would see him) and he is now swearing in the sofa in front of the computer screen wishing he had a girlfriend to organize it for him. The plan right now is to find a dedicated Valentine and dump her just before the 14th of February... Anyone interested? He is gorgeous!

I don't really care for Valentine's day, I find it pretty overrated, commercial, and unnecessary. I have never felt the urge to plan a night out for it when I was in a relationship, and the only time I ever had a proper Valentine, it was because my very dear 'sex snack' took me out last year (dammit, have I been single that long?) and we could both laugh about it... and enjoy it without emotional overloading. If anything, love if there is love I believe should be celebrated every day, not one day a year with flowers, expensive dinner and fake roll-up eyes.

Now I am saying that, but Agent Provocateur seem to have a different take on it, judging by the latest film they released on their website, entitled 'Love me Tender... or Else', directed by Photographer Greg Williams, and starring Rosie Huntington-Whiteley... Which I believe might be the reason for the only real piece of clothes in there, which looks very much like a Burberry trench coat, judging by the check lining. Brief brief on the short film: Rosie is at home dressing up for her Valentine, he calls to bail out... Still at work for another long hours says he.

...

Is this the excuse you use as well to not meet with the boyfriend?

...

Anyway, she comes to his office in very lacy underwear (and my god these hold-ups! Ok, I will agree to a Valentine dinner to any man who offers me these hold-ups at the beginning of the night... well if I don't mind using them to create some sort of impact on him afterwards...), and a gorgeous trench coat (actually would prefer the trench coat dear Valentine but can do both!) to cover herself up until she walks to his desk. Where apparently she ties him up, half blind-folds him, loses almost everything down to her silky brief (although, boys, don't get too excited because the film remains quite classy and suggestive) and at the very climax of her lapdance, sends him 'to the tapis' with a well-aimed punch in the face. Well that leaves a sorry handicaped and hurt Valentine in an empty office enable to complete his work, but since he left himself be tied up, he has only himself to blame.

I just showed the film to my flatmate and it cheered him up. Not sure he will absolutely go for the girlfriend's idea...

Champagnista V

No comments: