Monday 2 February 2009

Winter Warmers

Damart

M&S

Where the hell is this global warming everybody is talking about? And could someone please tell the mayor of London that his using red sand on the snow is very unaesthetic when the snow melts down?

At present I am sleeping in pyjamas, a sweater, socks, inside my duvet previously folded in two, after having hair-dried my bed from head to toe... Last nigth was so incredibly cold that when I went to bed there was ice inside my window, and because of the cold and because of a million things that keep bumping into my head, at 2am I was still bright awake and incapable of going to sleep.

It was very silent and I could see the snow flakes falling like white airy bees behind my window, so I decided to put my ski jacket on and go outside: not too far, just at the end of the road on the Green hemmed in trees. In the center of this white Bermuda triangle, so peaceful and quiet, my head cleared itself.

Probably numbed by the cold, I had no hat: your brain might freeze to death in this weather.

It looks like the frost wave might last a few days, so I thought 'mieux vaux faire contre mauvaise fortune bon coeur', which translates literally as 'better show against ill fortune good heart' and whose equivalent in English is something like 'put on a brave face'. It does not convey exactly my meaning, therefore the French interruption. However, the idea of courage is here in the English expression, and I will make a bold statement and contradict myself after yesterday's post quite massively: sometimes, you need to take a step back and think of your well-being girls... Sometimes a Chloe dress, as dazzling as is it, will not warm you up in the pit of winter. Sometimes, you need to protect yourself and let go of your fashion passion.

Damn it hurts: however cold outside I really hate casual clothes.

Do you know that if you type in 'thermal' on Brownsfashion, Mywardrobe, Net-a-porter or any other high-end fashion retail site, it returns no result? I went to lengths to find thermal clothes that would not put you to shame if you were to take your (pile of) jumpers off before a boy on your next night out.

Or your next night in.

I will not lie to you, there are not a lot of choices out there. The two thermal vests below are the sexiest options I could find to keep you warm in this winterly cold. They will keep you warm. And they are cheap for a change...

Champagnista V


No comments: