Sunday 1 February 2009

Fashion High in Chloe


2009 is under a good fashion omen. Not sure about the love omen and I can probably wait for it a little bit more, but I have good hopes for the sex omen, so hopefully won't have to go on prozac: mind you, if I keep having the kind of fashion fix I had this week and the week I got my Giuseppe Zanotti ankle boots, I might not even need sex anymore: I can probably do the whole year without any kind of anti-depressing palliative!

Let me tell you about this week's fashion high and make you very jealous: on wednesday I met my wonderful wonderful friend Miss Soho Square for another hard-drinking and very inspirational night. She is working on a movie, now in post-production, in which French actress Clemence Poesy starred in a crazy-beautiful wardrobe.

Do you know what happens to clothes at the end of a movie? Well it is like the end of a fashion show: they disappear in a scramble for the spoils.

Lucky for me, Miss Soho square got a few Chloe outfits from the spares, among which a pale Chloe dress in jersey and organza, which she did not think suited her... And I am not exactly the frame of Clemence Poesy, but the dress is slightly baggy, and it is strikingly beautiful, and when I slipped it on all I could think was 'oaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!'.

Yes I was lost for words, and it does not happen to me that easily.

And ok, it is a 2009 summery dress. However, I abide by the French proverb: 'a woman is always cold if she has a fur coat, always warm if she has a beautiful summer dress'. It is snowing and poetically quiet in London's streets right now, and I feel like going for a stroll. I might put the theory to the test.

Champagnista V


No comments: