Tuesday 24 February 2009

LFW: The Morning After- DAY 2


This morning I have a little war taking place behind my oversized black sunglasses, all because I decided to be the good time girl again last night- ohhh I am so naughty!

You are probably wondering what am I babbling about at such an early hour? Well the sins that my sunglasses were hiding this morning on my tube ride to work began last night at the BFC: London Fashion Week International Party. When we arrived at where the soiree was taking place- The Collection in South Kensington- there was a ridiculously long queue that I would not have stood in if you had paid me. So my LFW partner in crime and I ignored all those people silly enough to queue and walked right to the front with the confidence of a “don’t you dare stop me” strut. It was there that I quickly spotted a friend of mine- the fabulous Kim who does the International Press for the BFC- with a quick air kiss in my direction she opened the velvet rope and let my friend and I in.

As we walked down the colourfully lit runway-like entrance, we were papped by a photograph. He caught me so off guard that Lord knows that I now fear where that photo is going to re-surface- eeeck!

In entering the beautiful venue I was handed some yummy Dom Perignon- served exactly the way I like it, in a chilled glass and complimented with a slice of strawberry. Taking in the atmosphere I noticed that those attending where the exact same faces who attended the party last season - one of them even nodded their head in my direction as if “you again darling, looking fabulous”, and I must say I was.

This season I have been going out in the little floaty dresses I bought at Selfridges at the [whispering it] Sale in January. I have just been waiting for the opportunity to wear them, and London Fashion Week gave me the reason. Anyway enough about my dress, let me continue, so as we sipped and chatted to various people I found myself growing slightly restless as you do when you have more than one party to attend. So two glasses of champagne, 1 Cosmo and 3 canapés later my friend and I found ourselves in the back of a black cab speeding down Brompton road on our way to Matthew Williamson party at Mahiki.

Arriving we were a bit apprehensive because we had been there last night for the Select Model Management party, and every fashionista knows not to return to the scene of the crime so quickly. So hoping not to be recognised, I soon found that all that hope faded when the door person screamed when he saw me and demanded the red velvet rope be opened to allow us entry, that’s when I thought “damn you” because sometimes knowing the door people is not a good thing.

Once in and settled at our table, we decided it felt weird to be back, so based on that decision we literally sneaked out and as we jumped into yet another cab my phone buzzed. Opening the text, it was my friend asking me to come to Maddox as he had a table. Deciding that it would be good to see him we headed down there.

Twenty minutes later we were sitting at our friends table with Cristal in one hand and a sort of non-descript canapĂ© in the other. By this time it was 11.30pm, and by 2am I was dancing bare foot on the sofa whilst my friend’s bodyguard held my handbag- a laughable sight I must say!

So Champagnista’s, those were the sins I was hiding behind my sunglasses this early morning on my way to work, and as for tonight do I dare go out again and make it LFW: The morning after- Day 3? Well maybe, because the idea of going to the House of Holland after party is quite tempting.

Loving you always,

Champagnista M
*PHOTOS TO FOLLOW*

No comments: