Wednesday 18 February 2009

Bungalow what...


Tonight i found myself hub nubbing with the music elite at Bungalow 8 (aka St Martins lane Hotel).

It all began when my friend emailed me to say that she was in from Paris for a few days on business and that she would like to go out, and because i adore her i decided to break my rules of not going out on Monday and Tuesday and head out in my highest of heels and cutest of dresses.

Once we met and air kissed we made our way to the velvet rope and where immediately let in. Walking through the darkened corridor we followed the music and found ourselves entering the bar area- which was a quaint small area.

At first glance i realised how tiny it was which was shocking, because it is not like i havent been to Bungalow before, but when i last came i must admit I was slightly tipsy as it had been the 5th place i had "popped" into that night. So taking in the too cool for school crowd and the barely dressed waitresses, i ordered my usual- a Long Island Ice tea.


Once the drinks where in my friend and i caught up on our life stories and as usual i told her how i missed Paris and how London was just not the same, and she told me the reverse of how she loved London and Paris never came close- it is kind of our "the grass is always greener" ritual.




A few cocktails later we heard good music coming from below us, thinking it was the rather strong cocktails we were drinking we ignored it until i heard "billy jean" playing which i could never ignore so i found myself pulling the waitress aside and asking her where the music was coming from to which she replied "it's coming from downstairs where the dance floor is". I thought "God damn it thats more like it", and dragged my friend and my half drunk tipple down stairs to were Billy Jean was playing.



Once there, i found a spot and danced. I danced until i had a sweat brow. The music was super good that i could not believe it to the point i cheekily asked my friend to pinch me( which by the way she did- ouch) and all because London has recently been suffering from bad music syndrome, you know what i mean, the Ibiza type music that they always decide to play- ick!!!
Anywho, to round up my Bungalow 8 experience, i must say i enjoyed myself, because it certainly was the night that the 'DJ saved my life' with some fabulous music, so NY bungalow 8 watch out your nemesis has arrived.
Champagnista M

No comments: