Friday 20 February 2009

My Wellies, My Saviour


I have come to realise that i have been wearing my wellies a lot in the last couple of months. When i first bought them, it was because i was headed to Glastonbury where they were essentials for every festival goer. I had thought that I would only be wearing them that one time but for the love of my DVF dress was i wrong.


Following my return from the music festival I quickly put them into storage until the next festival season. I would never have thought that at the beginning of 2009 i would have found myself digging them out and giving them a big hug. This out of character behaviour was unfortunately due to the weather in London going arctic on us making wearing my usual heels outside mission impossible.


My wellies where first put to the test by the monsoon rains which found me trudging through the rain on the way to work, I was comfortable knowing that my toosties where toasty and dry. So when the snow came, i was again wearing my trusty wellies and walking quite happily whilst others slipped and fell as their shoes let them down.


So my wellies are truely my saviour, as they have kept my feet warm and dry, but do note that even though i have adorned my beloved wellies through the weather changes, i have also continued to carry my beloved heels in my handbag so i can do the switch at work, because trudging in wellies at the office is just not the way of a true fashionista!!!


Champagnista M

No comments: