Sunday 8 February 2009

Schmoozing with the BFC elite


Tonight i found myself at the private get together organised by the BFC to celebrate the up coming fashion weeks. It was a chance to schmooze with the creme de la creme of British fashion in the comfort of the members club Vanilla located at 131 Great Titchmarsh street.


On arrival to Vanilla i was wet from the rain and feeling rather sorry for myself as i had to trudge for 15 minutes through the streets of london whilst it rained mercilessly as I seeked for the elusive venue. When I finally located the place, my friend- the fabulous fashion designer Carlotta Gherzi of Sado'- was waiting outside the place, looking super cool whilst taking a drag from her malbora light. Following our usual air kisses we walked into in the all white venue with as much elegance as we could muster because we where soaked. So as we shook off the rain and tried to warm up we where handed a glass of Tattinger champagne- yummy- by the cute waiter.


What made the party great was how intimate it was. I was able to catch up with Henry Holland who i met in Paris last season, talk to Anna Orsinini the head person of the BFC whilst mingling with good friends like Nathaneal Gam of the BFC and making new friends like Kim who heads international press for the BFC- we have made plans to meet up in my beloved NYC.


The evening was most certainly the place to be if you wanted to make contacts in an industry that is well known for being based on making it through who you know and not what you know. So this leads to the question of whether I was glad that i went out on a rainy sunday night (something i just don't do), and I must say yes i am happy i made the effort. Because i walked away with new friends, new invitations to LFW shows and a VIP membership to the members only club Vanilla- so not a bad night if I do say so myself.


Champagnista M


(ps- photos of the night to follow- so look out for them!)

No comments: