Thursday 30 October 2008

What’s the fuss about the mist?





Last night at the strike of 11pm whilst every one else was most likely in bed, I found myself in a slinky purple dress and heels standing outside Whisky Mist. I was attending friend Zach’s birthday party and even though part of me felt like my bed was calling to me, my curiosity of this well publicised place was much stronger.

Entering the club/bar I was greeted by a baboon. Taken aback, a bear then caught my eye and looking around the room I also noticed a nun, French maid, a cat and a witch. OMG it was a Halloween fancy dress party and I immediately felt the odd ball, okay a fabulously dressed odd ball, but one all the same. Getting over the shock of being sooooo under dressed I handed in my coat and sought out Zach’s table with my friend Layla- who I had come with.

Finding the table we poured ourselves a drink, and that’s when I first took in my first sight of Whisky Mist. Looking around it felt like an older (as in crowd) version of Mahiki, you know what I mean, the Kings Road set in their natural drinking surrounding. I must say that the men where indeed yummy and easy on the eye something I quickly noticed- a must in any club.

After 30 mins of wandering around taking in the atmosphere of both the main room and the VIP section I was bored. The good-looking men were no longer enough to keep my interest, the Abercrombie boys surrounding Zach’s table (he used to be a manager at the famous Abercrombie store) still looked like they just walked straight of an ad campaign but I started to find them annoying. It seemed no amount of vodka could numb the feelings of boredom that I was experiencing. It seemed everyone was just posing and preening, as opposed to Mahiki were by the time midnight came round everyone was dancing all over the place on the small sweaty dance floor. So after an hour I found myself dragging my rather intoxicated friend out of Whisky Mist whilst wandering what the fuss about this place was, to me it is just another west end club with all the uninteresting trappings.

As I waved down a black cab to head to the next party, the time was midnight, and I felt like Cinderella, I had left the ball without my prince but at least I still had both my Choos firmly on my feet.

Kate Middleton (and friend) exiting Whisky Mist


Princess Eugenia entering Whisky Mist


No comments: