Tuesday 21 October 2008

Only Creme de la mer will do dahling.....




Life for me would not be living without having the kind of glow that one has when one spends a ridiculous amount of money on a guilty pleasure, especially in these bad financial times. By that I do not mean so much the shoes, handbags and clothes (although I do enjoy something new and shiny like any girl) I am instead referring to my beloved potions and lotions that promise youth and vitality.

As a girl in my 20’s I have been cleansing and moisturising since my youth, and with every passing year my tastes have got more and more expensive and I am embarrassed to say that in 10 years I went from Nivea to Crème de la mer, which at £160.00 a buy for 400ml is indeed a treat that has led me down the student diet- you know the usual beans and toast- path more than once.

I know, I know with the credit crunch I should really be cutting back and maybe even saving a little bit of money, but I still find myself justifying my spending to myself and to those who will listen that it is an “I need” and not an “I want”.
Gossip Girls are also users of this fancy and expensive cream

No comments: