Monday 13 October 2008

A Vision in colourful tights




There is a trend that has me spell bound at the moment. I am absolutely loving the colourful tights trend that is taking London by storm at the moment. Granted, I still haven’t abandoned my black 70 denier opaque tights but Lord knows I am tempted to invest in a pair of forest green woollen ones courtesy of John Lewis- they do fabulous range of tights don’t you know.

Any who, my passion for this trend was made stronger when I was recently in Paris- the fashion capital of the world- where many Parisian gazelles adorned colourful tights some brighter than other depending on their age but they all made them look absolutely fabulous with a well cut skirt, ballet pumps and polo neck.

There was one woman near Pritemps where I nearly had convulsions at the sight of a fashionably dressed woman in fantastic bright orange tights walking by me- I know, I know bright orange sounds atrocious- but she made it work. When I turned to Champagnista V who I was accompanying on a hunt for the perfect boots- which according to her are knee length, black, real leather complimented with thin killer heel (with some lace ups- maybe) – I quickly shared with her my need for colourful tights “like that lady in the bright orange ones”, spotting at the woman she gave a quick once over with her eyes then she turned her nose at exactly 45 degrees and said “I don’t think so” and strolled off.

To others that comment could have killed their desire but for me it ignited it even more. So be forewarned Champagnista V you will be dragged to John Lewis some time soon to search for the perfect colour tights- forest green, woollen and just right!
Champagnista M

No comments: