Friday 17 October 2008

Puffers and quilts make a come back!

Moncler Gamme Rouge
Forzieri


Moncler Gamme Rouge


Moschino


Burberry

Louise Goldin


Gareth Pugh

I know, I know, I know, puffer coats will make you look round if not fat, and quilted jackets are so Barbour, Wellington boots and padded headband, scruffy or classic in the worse, it would make you shed tears of boredom. Nevertheless this morning when I left at 6am to walk to work (watch out the warrior fashionista so scared to turn into a whale she will wake up at down to have her daily hour and a half stroll... as Champagnista M said, I don't strutt I stroll, and it is so much more fun to stroll around London than to puff on a gym automatic carpet!), the sky was the palest, clearest of blues but it felt dreafully cold, windy and humid and I found myself dreaming about piling puffs above quilts... Bad bad bad Champagnista!


Yet again, this autumn has a new take on the Bonhomme Michelin outfit, and I won't even start on Burberry Spring-Summer 09 outerwear because it's all in quirky quilts and it ROCKS! Designers have gone out of their way to make shapes out of the shapeless this season, and you can rejoice because this year, you will be able to be warm, comfortable and en vogue, for a change! The lightest silky dress and coverless lacy underwear underneath (I don't know if you've noticed, but I'm a complete sucker for alliterations!), and a puffy overlay that will keep you hot, it is just the way to go.


As ashamed as I am to confess this, I do love when style meets comfort, it makes you feel sooo wonderful about your clothes! The most interesting approach to this Autumn Winter trend was brought by Moncler Gamme Rouge, which really embraced the 'puff', knotting it, quilting and tailoring it in surprisingly tight and waisty silhouettes. For something more tribal, go for Gareth Pugh, and for a truly wintery upbeat look, check out Louise Goldin's AW08 outerwear who added fluff to the tailored wool quilted jacket with cozy and elegant fur collars. Champagnista selection of the best of the season above.


By Champagnista V

No comments: