Tuesday 28 October 2008

Confusing I am African with I am having a Bono moment!







As I flipped through my fashion magazine, I came across a photo of Gwyneth Paltrow stating "I am African"- i paused as I thought is she really. As i flipped to the next page I was still pondering on the bold statement and there was Sarah Jessica Parker pouting at me and stating "I am African". I was suddenly confused. There must be more to this because surely all of Hollywood is not African, then it all came together in my mind- they are all having what i call a "Bono moment",you know what i mean, when celebs back a campaign they feel "strongly" about, and i guess the "I am African" campaign is the the latest must back up charity.

I am all for the backing of charities, i mean i was right there when they were campaigning to Drop the Debt, I nodded in agreement with all that Live 8 stands for, but sometimes i feel like do they truly care or do they have a new movie/book/reality show coming out? Well i hope that they are doing it because they care and not beause they think shocking us with "i am African" will get me donating, because in this credit crunch economy it will take alot more than a bold statement to get me to part with my hard earned cash.
Champagnista M

No comments: