Thursday 18 September 2008

THE BURBERRY SPIKED CLUTCH

Today is Burberry day.

I was at the Burberry sample sale at lunch time: it has been running for almost a week and when I went last Saturday it was pretty quiet, but yesterday there was a big arrival of Prorsum stock and today the sale was a jungle. Fashion chicks stomping on each other's feet, fighting on bags, tearing trench coats off each other Cinderella way: scary show! I'm slightly agoraphobic, so I bought my £75 Prorsum dress and got the hell out... I do not want to look at my bank statement this month! Non non non!

Then I discovered that Burberry was launching a very special spiky clutch bag in limited edition. It looks rather rock'n'roll Gucci, and it is going to be the perfect accessory for you girls who need to fight off drunken men at the end of a night out: Pick up your clutch and go for the eyes!

Have you noticed how Burberry have something about degrades at the moment? Degrade leather bags slightly washed off at the seams, degrade strokes on silk scarves died with watery colours, and now degrade metal, with the spiky clutch whose spikes go from a dark nickel to an almost golden shade. What is Burberry guru Christopher Bailey trying to tell us? Be more nuanced? It's all in the detail?

If you want this clutch, you'll have to register online on burberry.com... and save about £1500, but at least you can be sure you're not going to see it at everyone's hand.

By Champagnista V
Photo from Vogue.com

No comments: