Sunday 14 September 2008

Clothes allowance

The much awaited fashion week has reached London and I can't wait for the parties to begin! It's not all year that you can start drinking champagne at 10am. Exhibition road was brimming with gorgeous girls in incredible outfits this afternoon, and I can't believe I forgot my camera. This is the reason why I'll hold on reporting on the Horace new collection till tomorrow, while I wait for the PR to send me pictures to go with the post.
After the show I went on to Knightsbridge because I am working for a brand, and believe it or not, but I just got £1000 to spend in one of their shops... It's called clothes allowance, and I think it is a very clever invention. Of course there are some rules, because it is supposed to provide for staff wear, so that you look all brand-like when you have to cross the ground floor shop to get in the office. So shirts, skirts, dresses, shoes, but no coats, and (DAMMIT!) no accessories... I couldn't buy the killer transparent bag with patent leather piping on all seams that I have been eyeing for the past two months. More like drooling upon... In the end I went for a fitted knee-high beautifully cut pencil skirt, a scoop neck short sleeve wide striped knit and a tailored button front dress and... the allowance had run out.
With this kind of brands £1000 won't buy Peru or half the store, but it bought me two gorgeous outfits all the same, so all in all today was a good day.

By Champagnista V

No comments: