Wednesday 17 September 2008

International Fashion Party, 16 September 2008, May Fair Hotel

Diane Pernet

Sandi Thom

Hannah Marshall and model

This morning was a struggle, and even now my head is still pounding slightly, but last night was a million times worth it!
The creme de la creme of fashion gathered in the May Fair Hotel where the British Fashion Council was throwing their seasonal International Party. Guests included designer Hannah Marshall in a minimalistic and very modern dress, singer Sandi Thom in a glamorous red carpet bright red gown, Jonny Woo in his, her?, a vintage dress in a beautiful blue colour, and fashion blogger Diane Pernet in ... ah... the most incredible outfit (see for yourself). Moet et Chandon Rose and sushi were in plenty and at everybody's hand, so I was not too far from heaven. Isn't the key to happiness so easy to find? Pricy, but easy!

As I was being hit on by a 14 year-old-male model (I still can't believe it!), I remembered how fantastic it is to glide in an environment full of handsome and stylish people: it is so pleasant to the eye, I am sure it releases endorphines just like sun, chocolate and good sex do. Oh Happy days! Blessedly, there were also rare specimens of an endagered species in the fashion world: straight men, handsome as hell... I thought they had all disappeared in this industry. After a few drinks Champagnista M and I found ourselves sharing a bottle of Moet with them, and soon enough a conversation, and one thing leading to another...

Well, let's say I started the evening at the May Fair Hotel at 9pm and left Le Meridien on Piccadilly at 3am. Although I have been good! Well, I just postponed the treat till Friday after Fash Off. He's going back to New York on Saturday, and he is in my phone contacts as SexyMAN... That because I cannot remember his name as you pertinently guessed. Time for a little beauty sleep now otherwise I won't be of much use on Friday.

By Champagnista V

Images from Zimbio.com

No comments: