Friday 19 September 2008

One pack of Berocca to go please!

Alber Elbaz, Lucas Ossendrijver and Mika at the Lanvin Store opening

There is something in the air during fashion week, that makes you nurse a migraine in mornings... and go to the Boots counter to ask for your pack of anti-hungover Berrocca, the ultimate Fashion week accessory. A little tip I had to explain to the pharmacist this morning, who when I asked for Berrocca tried to sell me a flu vaccine when he saw the colour of my face at 8:30am...

Time for a fashion week update, so that you can understand what led me to Berocca-stacking: on wednesday night, I went to the Carlotta Gherzi show with Champagnista M, then hit the after-party at the Burlington club, then popped in the Lanvin Menswear store opening on Savile row where I spotted Yasmin Le Bon (where IS my camera???) and Lucas Ossendrijver, the very handsome designer of Lanvin menswear, who completely revolutionized the label by introducing a modern high-waisted full-chested shoulder-lifted manly silhouette of the most sartorial and seducing kind...

Then yesterday I met a friend for a quick catch-up drink, then went to the Peacock after-party at the Burlington Club (it seems that everything is there this week: and everybody... namely Damien Hirst or the icon of Cool Brittania, the Pussycat Dolls, et cetera), then spent an hour at the Emma Jane's party organized in conjunction with fashion week, where James Roper and Max Vallot were DJing, then met a friend who took me by the hand and got me in the Vivienne Westwood Red Label After in Earl's Court, however wobbly I was on my heels at that point... I had no idea I would end up there and -dammit- I wish I had not downed that many cocktails before hand, because after 30 minutes and 2 canapes I suddenly felt the immediate need to leave... No idea how such small canapes could do so much damage. Very classy!

I cannot quite believe it, but I have not missed a deadline and have been on time at work every day this week. I think I have to send a big thank you letter to the Berocca Lab Company because they had my back.

Ooooh. Fash Off tonight. Then I'm supposed to meet The beautiful International Fashion Party by BFC man, but... It seemed like a good idea earlier in the week and now I feel like bailing out. And I just realized this morning I have never had a one night stand before. Well, matter of looking at things really... You know this odd moment when you're dressing at each side of the bed after the 'stand'? You're exchanging embarrassed giggles and clothes, the weird kiss on the cheek and... BANG! I always end up trading numbers. And maintaining contact. Maybe there is no such thing as meaningless sex? It does create a connection no matter what?... It seems. But BFC man is going back to New York tomorrow, so I'm wondering what the point would be... And really, it would take too much energy and I just want to curl up in my bed and feel comfortably sorry for myself.

God, the only thing that Berocca lacks is a touch of Zoloft to become the perfect hungover miracle remedy! No more hungover blues...

By Champagnista V
Image from Vogue.com

No comments: