Sunday 21 December 2008

And a little more on LOVE


Back to fashion... This last post drained me and I am not going to write like this in a few... well in some time.

On the subject of love, have you ever wondered what the word meant exactly? Because I think I have felt it and never looked it up.

Here are a few wise words from wikipedia on the theme:
'Love is any of a number of emotions and experiences related to a sense of strong affection. The word love can refer to a variety of different feelings, states, and attitudes, ranging from generic pleasure ("I loved that meal") to intense interpersnal attraction ("I love my girlfriend"). This diversity of meanings, combined with the complexity of the feelings involved, makes love unusually difficult to consistently define, even compared to other emotional states.'

So it comes to sense that when Nicholas Coleridge decided to launch a new Conde Nast fashion magazine, the crew he put together should come up with 'LOVE' as a title. What a perfect word for a luxury and knowledgeable artistic fashion magazine. If you cherish fashion like me, you will be looking forward to see their first issue, which will be coming out in February.

Katie Grand, who launched Dazed & Confused in 1992, will be at the head of the editorial team and the magazine will be a bi-annual. I am hoping for a high-end English version of W with a quirky twist.

Champagnista V

No comments: