Tuesday 5 May 2009

Lights, camera, fashion

Me (guess which one i am- ohhhh mysterious ) and my girls!

I have now been in NYC for a week and all i can say is "wow". Anyone who knows me, knows that NYC stole my heart many years ago. No other city, except Paris, excites me as much as the city that never sleeps.


The buzz of this city continues to live on even with the threat of swine flu all around us. People are still shopping, partying and working just like nothing is going on. I feel that New Yorkers are so thick skinned that they take the "we survived 9/11 we can live through the swine flu" approach to everything.


I must my friends and I initially panicked and it was less about catching this dreaded virus but more because we were afraid that New York would come to a complete standstill and blight our party all night shop all day plans. Luckily NY is still NY and people continue to plough through life.


Happy that our plans where not thwarted we decided to go shopping on broadway. The clothes shops here are quite questionable. I am not a big fan of American fashion. I always feel that they are decades behind us in style- more circa 1985 rather than 2009. Anywho i was far from impressed. London definitely gives one a better shopping experience, unless you have the funds to shop on 5th Avenue or the energy to seek the elusive stylish boutiques in the village.


With a couple of weeks left in this amazing city, i continue to seek my lights, camera, action moment, and a yummy man to be the icing on the cake!


With love from NY,



Champagnista M

No comments: