Wednesday 13 May 2009

Learning a lesson in dating NY style



In NY the competition to find a man who can provide for you a park avenue apartment, a nanny for the rugrats, a maid for the home and a flashy car is very stiff. The women here are either (a) groomed within in an inch of their life (b) or too fat and frumpy to care. This is a city where a pedicure /manicure can cost you $20.00, so why would you go on a date with shabby nails really confuses the NY men- so i recommend you not to be tight just go and have it done.

To continue, NY men are spoilt for choice here and which means that they usually have a Jenny, Natalie and Chloe on speed dial. Having multiple female partners is what they refer to as dating here, and I have had the pleasure of experiencing dating NY style.


I recently went on a date with a beautiful looking man. He took me to a bar that has cocktail hour until 11pm- that should have been warning enough, but me being me I did not heed. So there I was drinking my $4.50 apple martini and making small talk, when out of the blue he decides to tell me about the date he has planned for the next night with another female.



This is strange to me. You are with me, and I really do not care to hear about Susan or Jennifer. So I smiled politely and asked after her- after all my mother did raise me to be ladylike at all times even situations such as these. I saw the shock cross his face when I remained nonchalant. If he really wanted to know what I was thinking I am sure he would have known not to say such things in my presence. As the date progressed I thought to myself, NY men are cuter than London men, happily pay for everything, but damn them they are heartless when it comes to being faithful even if it is only for the 2 hours you are in each other’s company.



So how did the date end? Well we ended up sharing a beautiful goodnight kiss, and all that kept going through my mind was "damn, he will be kissing Susan or was it Jennifer this way tomorrow night. Damn him and his beautiful lips". Then as I pulled myself away from him, I bid him goodnight and waved down a cab to take me home. After all a girl needs her beauty sleep if she is to look fabulous for her evening date the next day, now who did I pencil in, was it Josh or Henry?


Love from NYC, the city that will not allow me to sleep,


Champagnista M

No comments: