Wednesday 12 November 2008

A luxury passport to the Right Man


Are you happy in love with a wonderful partner? Because I am not, and the more time passes, the more I get worried that I will never find my Prince Charming.

I do not mean to say that he is not out there: I am sure he is. I am not a believer in the soul mate idea, but I think there is more than one man somewhere in the world who would be a fantastic match. The question is: where to find him?

It all comes down to social spaces: it is unlikely to meet your future husband in a bar or in a club, it is unlikely to meet him at work from my experience, and if you have a well-established social life, you always end up meeting the same people. No luck, no love. I have been single since January after being with the same boyfriend for 5 years, and for a few months I was quite enjoying the single life; but now that winter is coming to stay, I am craving for the whole boyfriend warming you feet under the duvet feeling again. And cuddles... I am not a hugging girl, but I do love a tender boy.

You must know the concept of dating websites: Match and My Single Friend are advertising on every wall of every tube station in London, and come to think of it, it makes sense since it can be so hard to meet people outside your usual entourage. However these two are websites I would never go on because they seem desperate and cheap.

And as you know I am luxury girl... Well at least I love luxury, MaxMara boots and Prada shirts (if only I could have only that in my wardrobe).

Yet, today I found this member's club called Elect, which takes the matchmaking experience to a whole different level. It was founded in 2005 by Haley Hill (picture), a girl in her late twenties with a brain and looks to die for. The office is actually a trendy club outside Covent Market where the club's team can organize events and check out their new recruits.

Here is the trick: if you become a member of the club, there is no chance you will end up stuck on an excruciatingly painfully long blind date with an obsessive compulsive boring man too short for your Manolo heels, all organized of course by a friend who 'loves' you.

It will not happen at the Elect Club because they actually have a head-hunting team searching immensely eligible singletons in the hottest places in London. The head-hunters in question are gorgeous, and they go around the capital seeking handsome intelligent young professionals with this extra little something that might make you go head-over-heels if you do have the chance to meet them. This is meritocracy applied to the dating scene, and however cyincal, it is really seductive.

Girls my girls, they are presently looking for a young single woman in her late twenties looking for love, for a TV channel documentary. I am going to put Champagnista M forward (wether she wants it or not) because I belive she would be perfect for this, but do feel free to apply.


Champagnista V

No comments: