Sunday 5 April 2009

Matthew Williamson's Easter Magic


Do you remember getting so excited on the morning of Easter when you were a kid, because you would start the day with the traditional egg hunt, and then spend the next 15 hours stuffing your face with chocolate? Chocolate for breakfast, for lunch and for dinner... and chocolate indigestion for bed time... Ah, the simple pleasures of childhood, magic for the kids, nightmare for the mums, how I miss them!

It is a bit sad, but chocolate doesn't get me excited anymore, apart from this critical moment when I am craving to go back home with a boy and noone is available: no better palliative than a kinder surprise then!

This year however, I find myself excited like a 5 year old all over again... No chocolate in my near future, but a very special designer Easter treat, and let's be honest, designer is so much more gratifying than Lindt bunnies!

A mere few days before his high street collection hits the rails of H&M on 23rd April, Matthew Williamson releases two Easter surprises as colourful as his SS09 collection: a faceted glass brooch, and this wonderfully elegant silk square. I am not as versed in accessories as in clothes, even if I will confess I love statement earrings, but this scarf is the prettiest thing I have seen in ages, and the print reminds me of Klimt's dreamy paintings: slipping it on would be like wearing Le Baiser around your neck. Sensual.

Even better, for these 2 items' pre-Easter release between 8 and 10 April, the Bruton store will treat everyone who passes their treshold with champagne and Hummingbird Bakery cupcakes ornate in the rainbow colours of Williamson's SS09 collection: Matthew knows how to make Easter pop!

Champagnista V

No comments: