Tuesday 30 June 2009

Taking a fashionable glance at Banksy




Yesterday morning i found myself in Bristol, yes thats right Bristol. I can admit it is not the first city that pops into ones mind, nor is it linked to fashion, but i had my reason and that reason was Banksy.



Banksy is the famous grafitti artist who has gained notoriety in recent years for his stencils and paint images on an array of outside locations. His fame has now led to the Bristol Museum presenting a unique collaberation between the citys foremost cultural institution.




So i found myself queuing at 11am with my fabulous companinion, my sister, waiting to enter the museum. Forty minutes later we entered the free exhibition. On my first introduction to Banksy's work I must say I found his collection to be full of irony that made strong social comments on our existence today.




I loved this mans message in his work, i found it amazing and breath taking. So my advice to you my fellow champagnistas is that you need to get your £14 National Express return ticket and make your way to Bristol to take in the exhibition- it is worth the two hour journey. If Banksy is not your thing then you can always take in the sights and sounds of Bristol- a city made famous fro tip hop (what ever that is) and slavery (that i didnt know).

From a more cultural (lol) Champagnista M

No comments: