Monday 16 March 2009

Can one learn from “Love?”




Katie Grand's baby, “LOVE” magazine, launched last month (February 2009). It was the long awaited bi-annual magazine published by Conde Nast. Its coming out issue had the delectable Beth Ditto on the front cover in her birthday suit, which certainly caught ones eye- does that woman love showing us her love handles?

With all the debate and excitement, it promised to be the ‘real’ fashion bible for true fashionistas. From the start I was the one who rained on everyones parade- with questions like will it be able to live up to its hype, or was it going to be all fluff and no substance?


I mean was it going to be good enough for me to give up my weekly fashion rags – Grazia and Look- for a fashion bible that I will only buy twice year? Would it truly feed me with the fashion knowledge I crave? Well being a hard nut fashionista I am not easily swayed by a shiny new thing (except shoes- maybe)

Before it’s 2009 launch, Katie Grand, her crew and the Conde Nast hanger ons attended the coming out gathering for LOVE in December 2008. The turn out was an eclectic mix ‘of celebrities’ such as Agyness Deyn, Alexander McQueen, stylist Judy Blame, Tim Blanks and the rest of fashion who enjoyed a Christmas tea party at pop-up restaurant Flash.



The high-class tea was on a par with that of Alice and the Mad Hatter in Wonderland where attendees where served Moet or gin served in tea cups plus mini cheese on toasts. The topic of choice was, of course, ”just how wonderful Love magazine was going to be”. My mole informed that the real fun started when MC Jonnny Woo - in drag - proceeded to drag the crowd through a crazy treasure hunt- something I would have paid to see.

So my fellow Champagnista’s, I will leave it to you to be judge and jury on the power of LOVE, because who knows we might truly learn a little something from Katie and crew, then again nah!
Loving you always,
Champagnista M

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

omg. - I didn't know danielle lacombe made the cover.