Monday 21 July 2008

Lovebox















What I love about music festivals is that it's an amazing source of inspiration in terms of style: people who attend the festival are the most careless in the world... They are here to see and be seen, but without a care of what people will think when they see them. It creates some explosive looks, truly inspirational, often retro and hippie, and sometimes... well sometimes a tiny bit surprising, but colourful at least.


I wish I had had my cowboy hat, because the cowboy outfit was de rigueur, with vintage leather boots ornate with cabalystic signs and worn felt hats scattered all over Victoria park, twirling and shaking at the sounds of Bizzle Bizzle and Ladyhawke...


Everybody joined in when Manu Chao went on stage, and it looked like a little piece of South America had just come alive on the green, a Brazilian heartbeat in the heart of London.

It left me with sparkles inside...

No comments: