Monday 26 May 2008

Ladies in tux


There is something incredibly sexy about a woman wearing a man's suit... I am sure men would agree to that. At least my man would, who would be happy to see me strutt around in the flat 24/7 wearing only one of his suit jackets... But that's another story.

It's the ambivalence of a feminine shapely form in a male frame that makes the trick: in the discrepancy lies the mystery, the sparkle, the sensuality. Style is all about harmoniously mixing up unlikely combinations, and fashion this summer from Topshop to YSL is all about tuxedos: It's the occasion to recreate a real Marlene Vaudeville act.

For my part, I'll go all the way with a skinny black tie and a top hat... Still not too sure about the ivory top cane.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

the top cane's got a myriad of uses "...but that's another story"